Friday, February 24, 2006

Jealousy

He told me yesterday that he's been down because he's jealous of people in love, married, couples, threes, polys and everything else, as he is never likely to be anything other than single.

Several thoughts passed through my head with these words:
  1. He had an opportunity - which has now passed - to be in love and in a relationship with me;
  2. I can't do anything about this and I don't want to; and
  3. I hate it when my friends are sad and I can't do anything about it.
I was surprised to realise that if he asked me to get together with him that I would now turn him down. Part of this is that I now have a new love interest... but the other part is the amount of hurt that I suffered last year. I don't want a repeat of that, and if there are no deep and meaningful coversations about the truth of the matter, then I don't want to go here.

I haven't stopped loving him, but I think the love has changed somewhat and the need vanished entirely. I had a year to sort that out... it didn't work and so I have finally moved on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home