Tuesday, May 17, 2005

My brief email conversation

I had probably the most verbose email conversation about "our issue" with the other man today. It appears below.

Him: you been seeing me heaps lately
Me: well yes, but I like you
Him: I noticed. Probably a little too much too *hugs*
Me: I'm sorry... if you want me to back off, tell me you silly man
Him: Me silly? Sheesh. :P
Me: *hugs* There is no too much liking then :P
Him: Oh I think there might be. :P *hugs*
Me: ah... um... too bad then :P Its not something that can really be controlled to a great extent
Him: I see. Sheesh
Me: I know that your answer to this question will probably be "no" but I'm going to ask you anyway. Do you want me to outline in more detail what I am offering you? Or is ignorance bliss?
Him: No, because I wouldn't accept it.
Me: the answer or the offer? Nevermind, I know I am making you uncomfortable and grumpy... sorry
Him: The offer *hugs* I sorry baby
Me: You don't have to apologise, I understand that my personal morals and your personal morals are different things. I don't want to force you to do something that will make you unhappy. And I am serious, if you want me to back down you have to explicitly say so, don't worry about hurting my feelings. If I am hurting your feelings or making you seriously uncomfortable by not doing so then I'll be sad from that too. You know what I want. You need to draw the line and tell me what behaviour you are prepared to tolerate and what is too much. I want you to be happy. *hugs* You'll still be my friend regardless of what happens
Him: That's ok, I don't hate you *hugs* I's just abit uncomfy
Me: That's understandable... I'm taking you a long long way from your comfort zone

So, what do I take out of this exchange?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home