Saturday, May 31, 2003

Thanks

This is the email I sent to my friend today. (I really need to come up with good psydonyms)

Thank you for being so wise and wonderful. Thank you for valuing my marriage and our friendship more than I have in the past week.

Last night my husband and I had our little chat. More crying on my behalf than chatting... at least 12 months of sadness expunged (hopefully).

I explained to my husband how I had been feeling and how I felt. That although I am strong, I am similar to cast iron, with the wrong sort of pressure and stress I will shatter like glass. He understood, and in the first time in what seems like years, let me be sad without getting sad himself. He was not upset for me being angry and resentful of him. He understood my frustrations, and held me while I cried.

I then slept. For at least 12 hours...

Thank you

Hugs and love